home | who we are | what we offer | useful advice | resources | news | other charities | contact us  
0345 040 7703
unity scout insurance services
unity scout insurance   buildings cover  
Unity (Scout Insurance Services) arranges unique insurance cover designed for buildings owned or occupied by Scout Groups.
  Cover provided by TSA divider Additional cover you may need divider  
  To speak to
us call:
0345 040 7703
  get a quoteGet a Quote
  get a quoteMake a Claim
  key factsKey Facts
  useful informationUseful Info

Buildings Insurance

Whatever the size or type of building(s) you own, it is important that you get the right cover. It may simply be a garden shed next to a church hall where you store your equipment, or it may be a multifunction activity centre.

Whichever it is, you need an insurance policy which recognises the particular risks you face.

Unity’s buildings insurance is underwritten by Lloyd's of London and provides unique levels of protection for buildings occupied by Scout Groups. The basic cover includes loss or damage by fire, break-in, storm and vandals and has low excesses and few restrictions.

Just look at these valuable protection benefits:

  • Cover applies even when you hire out the building to others;
  • Impact damage caused by moving objects, e.g. a lorry crashing into your building; a herd of cows running through your hall; a hooligan throwing a brick though your window;
  • Water damage due to burst pipes, water tanks or equipment;
  • Damage due to heating fuel oil escaping;
  • Accidental breakage to fixed glass and sanitary fittings;
  • Accidental damage to underground pipes, sewers and cables;
  • Loss of metered water;
  • Loss of rent receivable or payable; and
  • Cover extended to include legal expenses incurred as a result of disputes relating to your property.

In addition, should the unthinkable happen, the costs of clearing the site, employing architects, surveyors and associated legal fees would be met.

It doesn’t stop there. Cover also applies to any boundary walls associated with the building. Optional extensions may be available for additional risks such as flood, subsidence or heave.

For further information, to request an application pack, or if you wish to apply for this cover, please contact us on 0345 040 7703.


> Buildings
> Equipment
> Loss of revenue
> Personal effects
> Money
> Trailer
> Motor no claims bonus
> Marine equipment
> Minibus
> Other motor vehicles
> Overseas travel
> UK travel
> Event cancellation &
> Personal accident &
    medical expenses

> Employers’ liability
> Campsite liability cover
> Non-member children
> Personal injury plan
> Professional indemnity
  terms of business vspacer privacy policy vspacer legal disclaimer vspacer make a complaint vspacer feedback vspacer sitemap vspacer links   © 2018 Unity Insurance Services