home | who we are | what we offer | useful advice | resources | news | other charities | contact us  
0345 040 7703
unity scout insurance services
unity scout insurance   event cancellation  

Be prepared with firework events and money insurance cover.

  Cover provided by TSA divider Additional cover you may need divider  
  To speak to
us call:
0345 040 7703
  get a quoteGet a Quote
  get a quoteMake a Claim
  key factsKey Facts
  policy wordingPolicy Wording
  useful informationUseful Info

Insurance for Scout Bonfire and Firework Displays

Public Liability Cover

You’re already covered for public liability for injury to the public or damage to their property.

Remember, if you have to sign an agreement with a third party, such as a landowner, or you need a copy of the Public Liability Certificate, please contact Unity (Scout Insurance Services).

Other Insurance You May Need

However you may need your own:

Event Cancellation and Abandonment Cover

This provides compensation to a Scout Group or Unit for the loss of expenses resulting from the cancellation or abandonment of an event. The cancellation or abandonment must be beyond the control of the Group or Unit.

As well as the amount of effort required to organise and stage events such as firework displays, these events can involve considerable financial outlay. This may include:

  • Payments for publicity;
  • Hire of marquees and other equipment;
  • Purchase of perishable goods such as foodstuffs;
  • Venue hire; and
  • Printing costs for tickets.

Some of your outgoings might be recoverable but much of it would not. Instead of a healthy return on the event, you could be facing a financial disaster!

Cancellation and Abandonment insurance offers the perfect safety net. At a stroke, you can protect your Scout Group from incurred financial loss due to such things as:

  • Event site unavailability;
  • Inclement weather;
  • Strikes; and
  • Fires.

Cover is provided on the basis that, when applying for cover, there are no circumstances known or suspected by your Group which are likely to result in a claim.

back to top

Money Cover

This covers the loss of money belonging to the Group or Unit or for which they are responsible.

With many events being held at weekends, it may be several days before you are able to bank the funds. What would you do if your hard earned funds were lost or stolen?

This cover includes such features as:

  • Loss of money whilst unattended;
  • Loss of Scout funds from private addresses and while being taken to the bank;
  • Damage to clothing of any official resulting from theft or attempted theft; and
  • Loss of or damage to any safe containing money, caused by thieves.

Flexible options include:

  • Standard annual limits start from £700 with higher options available;
  • Short period cover at camp expeditions, and at fund raising events, such as large firework displays; and
  • Scout Counties can take out annual cover for their money and all Districts and Groups within their County.

back to top


> Buildings
> Equipment
> Loss of revenue
> Personal effects
> Money
> Trailer
> Motor no claims bonus
> Marine equipment
> Minibus
> Other motor vehicles
> Overseas travel
> UK travel
> Event cancellation &
> Personal accident &
    medical expenses

> Employers’ liability
> Campsite liability cover
> Non-member children
> Personal injury plan
> Professional indemnity
  terms of business vspacer privacy policy vspacer legal disclaimer vspacer make a complaint vspacer feedback vspacer sitemap vspacer links   © 2017 Unity Insurance Services