home | who we are | what we offer | useful advice | resources | news | other charities | contact us  
0345 040 7703
unity scout insurance services
unity scout insurance   other motor  
Don’t drive off without
Unity’s motor insurance.
  Cover provided by TSA divider Additional cover you may need divider  
  To speak to
us call:
0345 040 7703
  get a quoteGet a Quote
  get a quoteMake a Claim

Other Motor Insurance

Unity (Scout Insurance Services) can cover all your vehicles by providing specialist motor insurance policies for Scouting. Don’t drive off without Unity’s motor cover.

Kart and Quad Bike Insurance

Karting Indemnity

The Scout Karting Indemnity policy was set up many years ago to provide cover for injury or damage to third parties or their property as a result of an accident caused by a Scout Group using a kart they did not own. Cover is provided based upon the fact that these vehicles are not used on the public highway and therefore did not need full Third Party Liability cover for road risks as required under the Road Traffic Act.

The Scout Association’s Public Liability policy has been extended to cover karts not being used on public roads as defined in the Road Traffic Act.

This means that from 30 November 2013 Scout Groups using karts not on a public highway or in a public space, no longer need to purchase separate indemnity cover.

When using other people’s karts or quad bikes, you must check with the owner that they have the necessary insurance in place.

Kart and Quad Bike Insurance

This policy is intended to cover kart and quadbikes owned by Scout Groups, which are not used on public roads. There are three options available:

  1. Third Party Only;
  2. Third Party, Fire & Theft;
    This would cover your Scout Group for fire damage to karts or quad bikes you own, and theft plus Third Party Cover.
  3. Third Party, Accidental Damage, Fire & Theft;
    This would cover your Scout Group for accidental damage to karts or quad bikes you own, including fire and theft plus Third Party Cover.

Miscellaneous Motor Insurance (including site vehicles)

To cover vehicles owned by Scout Groups, Districts and Counties against:

  1. Third party only risks
  2. Third party fire and theft risks
  3. Comprehensive risks (not available for quad bikes)


> Buildings
> Equipment
> Loss of revenue
> Personal effects
> Money
> Trailer
> Motor no claims bonus
> Marine equipment
> Minibus
> Other motor vehicles
> Overseas travel
> UK travel
> Event cancellation &
> Personal accident &
    medical expenses

> Employers’ liability
> Campsite liability cover
> Non-member children
> Personal injury plan
> Professional indemnity
  terms of business vspacer privacy policy vspacer legal disclaimer vspacer make a complaint vspacer feedback vspacer sitemap vspacer links   © 2015 Unity Insurance Services